BlackBerry isn’t as popular as it once was, but it still has some presence here in the Philippines. The company’s latest release in the country is the BlackBerry Leap, a 5-inch smartphone running on BlackBerry 10 OS.
Feature highlights of the BlackBerry Leap include its 25-hour battery life and high-end security protection. While it may have some fairly old hardware inside it, the Leap has a decent messaging app and an adequate general performance according to reviews.
BlackBerry Leap Specs
- BlackBerry 10 OS
- 5-inch capacitive touchscreen (720×1280 HD), ~294ppi
- 1.5GHz dual-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 (MSM8960) processor
- Adreno 225 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- microSD support up to 128GB
- 8-megapixel main camera, with autofocus and LED flash
- 2-megapixel front camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
- 3G HSPA+, 4G LTE
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 144 x 72.8 x 9.5mm
- Weight: 170g
- Li-Ion 2800mAh non-removable battery
Shipment for the Blackberry Leap in the Philippines has already started. Interested buyers can grab the device at MemoXpress stores for Php13,490. To sweeten the deal, every purchase of the Leap (as well as BlackBerry Z3 purchases) comes with a free Globe prepaid SIM card that provides free Internet for up to 700MB per month for three months.