When cheap prices and iPhone-esque designs enter the conversation, smartphones by Meizu often come to mind. The newly launched Meizu MX5 continues the trend with its Helio X10 octa-core processor, PowerVR G6200 graphics and 3GB of RAM.
Couple those innards with a 5.5-inch AMOLED Full HD display, 3150mAh battery and a 20.7-megapixel Sony IMX220 main camera. And with an Android 5-based Flyme 4.5 OS, the Meizu MX5 is definitely an eye-catcher.
In terms of outward design, the Meizu MX5 doesn’t look drastically different from its predecessor MX4. It does, however, feature a better build by donning a full metal body.
Meizu MX5 Specs
- Android 5.0 Lollipop (Flyme 4.5)
- 5.5-inch AMOLED (1080×1920 Full HD), ~401ppi
- 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio X10 MT6795 processor
- PowerVR G6200 MP4 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16/32/64GB internal storage
- No microSD support
- 20.7-megapixel main camera, with laser autofocus and dual LED flash
- 5-megapixel front camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Dual nano-SIM with dual standby
- 3G HSPA+, 4G LTE
- Bluetooth 4.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 149.9 x 74.7 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 149g
- Li-Ion 3150mAh non-removable battery
Fingerprint sensors are becoming a standard feature in smartphones. Just like the Huawei Honor 7, the Meizu MX5 has one, too, called the mTouch 2.0. This sensor claims to be accurate and “as fast as an eye blink.”
The Meizu MX5 is available in a basic 16GB version as well as in 32GB and 64GB versions. Price starts at 1,800CNY (approx. Php13,070) and goes as far as 2,399CNY (Php17,420). Available colors are grey, silver and gold.