Rumor has it that the Samsung Galaxy S5 will be released sooner than the company’s usual March launch. As a sequel and the next flagship, it naturally must win people over with exciting, new features. Here’s what some reports are suggesting.
- The Samsung Galaxy S5 will sport a 2K display (quad HD/1,440×2,560), along with an eye scanner a la this iPhone 6 concept design.
- Like in previous high-end devices, plastic will still be the body material. Samsung, however, does plan to release a premium version with a metal case.
- Following Apple’s move to 64-bit processing, a 64-bit octa-core Exynos processor will power the device.
- Android 4.4 KitKat will come preinstalled.
- The Samsung Galaxy S5 won’t match other phones for camera resolution; its rear shooter will only have a 16MP sensor. On the plus side, it will have enhanced optical image stabilization and better low-light photo quality.
Of course, these are just reports and rumors. As always, take them with a grain of salt.