Huawei is skipping the MWC 2018 for their big smartphone reveal. Instead, the company went to Barcelona to introduce their new Huawei MediaPad M5 series of tablets.
This new line consists of the entertainment-centric Huawei MediaPad M5 8.4, MediaPad M5 10.8 and a for-creators tablet dubbed as the MediaPad M5 Pro 10.8.
Both the MediaPad M5 8.4-inches and 10.8-inches feature a 2K display with a ClariVu 5.0 enhanced display technology. ClariVu is a display technology from Huawei which intelligently adjusts “unclear frames or drops” fora better-viewing experience.
Both devices are also equipped with Harman Kardon speakers, making it a real entertainment powerhouse.
On the other hand, the Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro comes with its own M-Pen stylus. It has a 4096-layer sensitivity, which should help consumers to draw on it easily.
You can also pick up its accompanying keyboard (sold separately) and turn it into a fully-working laptop.
Huawei MediaPad M5 Series Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, EMUI 8.0
- 8.4-inch/10.8-inch display, 2560 x 1600 pixel resolution
- Kirin 960 Series chipset
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB internal storage
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.2
- 13-megapixel rear camera, PDAF, f/2.2
- Fingerprint scanner
- (8.4″) Stereo speakers / (10.8″) Quad Speakers, Harman Cardon certified
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- GPS. A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: (8.4″) 212.6 x 124.8 x 7.3mm, (10.8″) 258.7 x 171.8 x 7.3mm
- Weight: (8.4″) 316g, (10.8″) 498g
- Colors: Champagne Gold, Space Grey
- Battery: (8.4″) 5100mAh, (10.8″) 7500mAh
The price for the MediaPad M5 8.4 will start at EUR349 (~Php22,200), the 10.8 at EUR399 (~Php25,400), and the Pro at EUR499 (~Php31,700).