Things are looking up for budget smartphones as MediaTek has officially announced a new SoC, the MT6795. The MediaTek MT6795 will have an octa-core CPU that supports speeds of up to 2.2GHz. It will also support up to 2K resolution displays (2560 x 1600), offer 4G/LTE Cat. 4 support, as well as 480fps 1080p Super Slow-motion video recording, which easily beats out the 120fps most other mainstream flagship phones support.
The MediaTek MT6795 isn’t aimed at entry-level devices though. The target segment is for smartphones that come in at around the $350 mark or somewhere around Php15k after straight conversion. It essentially promises premium performance at a mid-range price, which we’ll hopefully see in our locally-branded smartphones pretty soon.
Key MediaTek MT6795 Features
- 64-bit True Octa-core LTE SoC with clock speed up to 2.2GHz
- MediaTek CorePilot unlocks the full power of all eight cores
- Dual-channel LPDDR3 memory clocked at 933MHz
- 2K on device display (2560×1600)
- 120Hz mobile display with Response Time Enhancement Technology and MediaTek ClearMotionTM
- 480fps 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion video feature
- Support for Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150Mbps/50Mbps), as well as modems for 2G/3G networks
- Support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth®/FM/GPS/Glonass/Beidou/ANT+
- Multi-mode wireless charging supported by MediaTek’s companion multi-mode wireless power receiver IC