It looks like HMD Global isn’t done yet with the revamped Nokia 3310. Just recently, the company announced the new Nokia 3310 3G Edition.
Not a lot has changed in the new Nokia 3310 3G other than the upgraded 3G connectivity. There are few minor changes but overall it still pretty much the same as the first 2017 version.
For one, the 3G version is a few millimeters thicker, wider and taller. But apart from that, that’s pretty much what’s new with the device, aesthetic wise.
Probably the biggest change is found in the battery department. The Nokia 3310 3G still has the same 1200mAh BL-5C battery, but its longevity has been greatly reduced. As you know, 3G antennas require more power to operate and it’s not as power efficient as 2G connectivity.
The maximum talk time on the 3G variant is now only 6.5 hours, in contrast to the staggering 21.1 hours talk time of the 2G model.
But if you can go past that sacrifice, remember that you can now browse the internet via the Nokia 3310. Although I’m not sure if anyone is patient enough to press buttons instead of swiping a touchscreen.
Nokia 3310 3G Specs
- Nokia Series 30+ software platform
- 2.4-inch curved display, 320 x 240 resolution, polarized layer
- 64MB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 32GB
- 2-megapixel rear camera, LED flash
- FM Radio
- MP3 Player
- Bluetooth 2.1
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Dimensions: 15.6 x 51 x 12.8mm
- Weight: 84.9g (Single SIM), 88.2g (Dual SIM)
- Azure, Yellow, Warm Red, Charcoal
- 1200mah BL-5C removable battery (Talk time: 6.5 hours, Standby time: 24-27 days)
The Nokia 3310 3G is priced at EUR69 (around ~Php4,200) and is expected to be available anytime this month.
Source: HMD Global