Huawei is joining the 18:9 game. In their local Facebook page, the company is teasing the arrival of the new Huawei Nova 2i — the international version of the Huawei Maimang 6 which was also initially launched in Malaysia.
Huawei Mobile’s Philippine Facebook page is filled with teasers of the upcoming said smartphone. Heck, they even use the word “inNOVAtion” to really put it out there. One post shows a screenshot from a handset with a taller screen, which definitely points to the Nova 2i’s 18:9 Full HD display.
Also, Huawei is using the hashtag “#OOOO” which translates to the Nove 2i’s quad camera setup. The post below also shows off the device’s selfie features.
And lastly, it looks like Huawei is throwing some shade to its competitors with this one. The company claims that their own Kirin 659 is faster than the competition.
Huawei Nova 2i Specs
- Android 7.0 Nougat, EMUI 5.1
- Dual SIM, hybrid
- 5.9-inch 18:9 IPS display, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~409ppi
- 2.36GHz HiSilicon Kirin 659 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD card up to 256GB
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual front cameras
- 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 75.2 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 164g
- 3340mAh battery
The Huawei Nova 2i is expected to launch this month, but no exact date has been revealed as of the moment. As for the price, it will probably be competitive and we’re expecting it to be in the same range as Vivo V7+. We’ll let you know once we get more information.
UPDATE: The Huawei Nova 2i is now in the Philippines.