In an event held last September 20 at the Marriott Grand Ballroom, Vivo Philippines officially introduced their latest flagship smartphone — the new Vivo V7+.
The highlight feature of the Vivo V7+ is its FullView display. This handset packs a tall 18:9 screen, an aspect ratio that’s gearing up to be the new trend on smartphones. It started with flagship smartphones like the recent Galaxy Note 8 and Mi Mix 2.
Vivo is also bragging about the V7+’s 24-megapixel front camera. It will also have a software feature called Face Beauty 7.0 that works not only in the camera app but also on some of the leading video-calling apps. This feature aims to enhance your skin so you look good in the front of the camera whatever the case may be.
See also: Vivo Y55s Review
The front camera is also used for Face ID — a new security feature that’s also seen on the new iPhone X. Only this time, the V7+ gets to retain a fingerprint scanner that’s situated at the back.
On the inside it’s being run by a Snapdragon 430 octa-core processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
Vivo V7+ Specs
- Android 7.1 Nougat, FunTouchOS 3.2
- Dual SIM, nano
- 5.99-inch HD IPS FullView display, 1440 x 720 resolution, ~267ppi
- FullView, 18.9 aspect ratio, 84.4% screen-to-body ratio
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 24-megapixel front camera, Moonlight Glow flash, f/2.0
- 16-megapixel OV16880 rear camera, LED flash, f/2.0
- Fingerprint scanner
- GSM, WCDMA, 4G LTE
- WiFi, Dual-Band
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 155.87 x 75.74 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 160g
- Champagne Gold, Matte Black
- 3225 non-removable Li-Ion battery
UPDATE: Here’s our unboxing video and first impressions.
The Vivo V7+ will be available starting September 30 for a price of Php17,990. You can pre-order the device via Vivo stores, kiosks, and third-party retailers nationwide. For the first time ever, it will also be sold at Lazada.