OPPO has been suggesting the imminent comeback of the OPPO R-series here in the Philippines.
The previous teaser that the company posted on their Facebook page didn’t state when and what device is actually making a local debut. But now, we have an official word that it’s the OPPO R17 Pro that’s making its way in the country on November 7.
This premium midrange device is the first triple rear camera smartphone to ever come from the OPPO camp. The OPPO R17 Pro brags a 12-megapixel primary camera with optical image stabilization and a variable aperture that can go from f/1.5 up to f/2.4.
It also has another 20-megapixel rear sensor and a TOF 3D camera for some cool effects and other applications. While on the front we have a 25-megapixel selfie camera, the same sensor that we found on the OPPO F9.
Moreover, the R17 Pro brags a large 6.3-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen, with a tiny waterdrop notch on top, and an in-display fingerprint scanner embedded at the bottom.
The processor might not be flagship-material, but the new Snapdragon 710 octa-core chipset, partnered with a generous 8GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage, can surely nail every task you throw at it.
OPPO R17 Pro Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, ColorOS 5.2
- Dual SIM, Hybrid
- 6.4-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6, 91.5% screen-to-body ratio
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 25-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel (f/1.5-2.4, OIS) + 20-megapixel (f/2.6) + TOF 3D camera, dual-pixel PDAF, OIS, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 74.6 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 183g
- Colors: Stream Blue
- 3,700mAh Li-Po non-removable battery, Super VOOC charging
OPPO is keeping mum about the device’s price until November 7, so I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. For the meantime, check out our hands-on review here.