After a few weeks of teasing and leaks, the highly anticipated Razer Phone is finally official — a smartphone that came from a pioneering gaming company.
The Razer Phone marks the company’s first attempt to join the smartphone industry. And judging by its features, it appears that Razer instantly nailed it on their first try. With some help from the previously acquired smartphone company, NextBit, Razer came up with a smartphone that may appeal to both gamers and non-gamers alike.
Razer phone features a 5.7-inch IGZO LCD display with 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution. And since a large part of gaming is frame rates, the screen has a whopping 120Hz refresh rate. Moreover, the device is also well-equipped in the audio department. It has two front-firing speakers with Dolby Atmost hidden on the thick top and bottom bezels. It also has a THX-certified hardware for plugging in headphones.
Another key component in every gaming product is the processing performance. It goes without saying that the Razer Phone is packed with nothing but the powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 835. It’s also backed with a generous 8GB of RAM and 64GB of onboard storage.
And with that powerful processor partnered with a sharp and fast display, the handset is obviously power hungry. Worry not, as it is rigged with a large 4000mAh battery to make it last throughout the day.
Razer Phone Specs
- 5.7-inch QHD IGZO LCD, 2560 x 1400 resolution, ~515ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate (UltraMotion), Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 8GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB UFS internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel (Wide, f/1.75) + 13-megapixel (Telephoto, f/2.6) rear cameras, dual-tone flash
- Stereo front-facing speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Audio Adapter w/ THX certified DAC
- Fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 77.7 x 8 mm
- Weight: 197g
- 4000mAh Li-Ion battery, Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+
The Razer Phone retails for USD700 (around Php36,000). It will be available via Razer’s online store and through Amazon. Reservations has already begun and it will ship starting November 17.