Apple’s latest smartphones, the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus, are coming to Smart Communications.
The new iPhones turns out to be the more refined version of its predecessors. For the first time ever, wireless charging is now present in the iPhone. This is thanks to its new, all-glass back panel. Apple also introduced their new A11 Bionic Chp to the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
This unlocks the devices’ Augmented Reality (AR) prowess — from the new Portrait Lighting effect on the camera, developed apps via ARKit, and quite a few more. The chipset is also 70% faster and more efficient than its predecessor, the A10 Fusion.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Specs
- 4.7-inch IPS Retina HD display, 1334 x 750 resolution, ~326ppi (iPhone 8)
- 5.5-inch IPS Retina HD display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, ~401ppi (iPhone 8 Plus)
- TrueTone display, Wide color gamut (P3), 3D Touch
- A11 Bionic chip, 64-bit, Neural Engine
- M11 motion coprocessor
- 7MP front camera, f/2.2
- 12MP rear camera, f/1.8 (iPhone 8)
- 12MP (wide-angle, f/1.8) + 12MP (telephoto, f/1.8) dual rear cameras (iPhone 8 Plus)
- OIS, Quad-LED flash
- 4k @ 60fps, 1080p @ 30fps/60fps/120fps/240fps
- 64GB/256GB internal storage
- Fingerprint scanner
- IP67 splash, water, and dust resistant
- 4G LTE
- GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, QZSS
- Dimensions: 138.4 x 67.3 x 7.3mm (iPhone 8), 158.4 x 78.1 x 7.5mm (iPhone 8 Plus)
- Weight: 148g (iPhone 8), 202g (iPhone 8 Plus)
- Gold, Silver, Space Gray
- Wireless charging, Qi compatible
- Talk time: 14 hours, Video playback: 13 hours (iPhone 8)
- Talk time: 21 hours, Video playback: 14 hours (iPhone 8 Plus)
Although Smart hasn’t revealed their official prices for the iPhones yet, you can pre-order them beginning November 10. The official release will be a week after, November 17.