Realme Philippines announced the release date of its second 5G phone in the country, the Realme 8 5G.
The Realme 8 5G will arrive in the country more than a year since the X50 Pro 5G made its local debut. This new model is essentially the same as the 4G-only model. Only this time, it has a different processor to bring that latest 5G standard and a couple of other changes.
From the Helio G95 of the initial model, the 5G model now has the MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor. Oddly enough, the 30W Dart Charge technology was lowered to an 18W charger. It also has a 48-megapixel camera instead of a 64-megapixel.
Moreover, the Super AMOLED panel was swapped with a less vibrant IPS panel. On the upside, it has a smoother 90Hz refresh rate screen.
Realme Philippines has set the Realme 8 5G launch date on July 24. The event will be streamed on the company’s official Facebook page and YouTube channel. We shall have the official price by then.
Realme 8 5G Specs
- Android 11, Realme UI 2.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.5-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 405ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 600-nits
- 2.2GHz MediaTek Dimensity 700 octa-core processor
- 4GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Mali-G57 GPU
- 128GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + BnW + macro rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Single loudspeaker, Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GALILEO, QZSS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 74.8 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 185g
- Colors: Supersonic Black, Supersonic Blue
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging