Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Details Unveiled
Samsung Galaxy S2’s Jelly Bean update was first predicted to roll out in late 2012 but that didn’t happened. But the good news is, it looks like it will soon reach Galaxy S2 owners as some of the details regarding this update was already revealed by Samsung Korea.
While the details below reveal the information on the much anticipated upgrade, Samsung didn’t indicate the specific date of the roll out.
The Samsung Galaxy S2‘s Jelly Bean update will be available via Kies and the entire process will take an hour or two depending on the speed of the internet connection. If your internal storage is clogged, make sure to remove some files first as the update will consume an extra 1GB that will be used for system partition.
We’ll report again once we got some information of its official roll out. In the meantime, you can check out the details of the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update below. [Translated by Sam Mobile]
Major Changes in the new Software Upgrade
- Platform upgrade Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich → Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Improved Home screens and improved scrolling performance (thanks to project Butter)
- Improved usability for some applications
- Preloaded applications
- Add Help
- Add Google+
- Add +Talk
- Add Play Book
- Add Play Movie
- Newly added/improved functions
- Add Easy mode, Block mode
- Improved Camera functions: function like Pause while recording and more
- Add Smart Stay
- New functions like Pop-up play and more
- Improved some functions & applications usability