ASUS wrapped up their ESGS 2018 presence by releasing their highly-anticipated smartphone, the ASUS ROG Phone.
The new ASUS ROG Phone is the first ever device to come out from the company’s Republic of Gamers brand. And as expected, it taunts some top-caliber specs and an aggressive gamer design that will make it stand out from other flagships in the industry today.
It brags an overclocked Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor, with 8GB of RAM, and up to 512GB of expandable storage. The ASUS ROG Phone also comes with a large 6-inch QHD+ AMOLED screen with a fast refresh rate of 90Hz and a 1ms response time.
And since it’s a gaming-centric smartphone, the ROG Phone brags an Aura Sync RGB logo on the back, advanced 3D vapor chamber cooling, stereo speakers, and a 4,000mAh battery with HyperCharge technology.
ASUS also developed a slew of gaming accessories that will work specifically for this device. There’s the AeroActice Cooler, which comes pre-bundled inside the box. There’s also the WiGig dock for a lag-free TV mirroring, the TwinView Dock that adds a second screen the device, and a few other more.
We were able to get to play with the ASUS ROG Phone, which you can check out in our hands-on review here.
ASUS ROG Phone Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, ROG Gaming X mode UI
- 6-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~402ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, 1ms response time
- Corning Gorilla Glass 6
- 108.6% color gamut, glove touch support, HDR
- 2.96GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- GameCool 3D vapor-chamber cooling system
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 128GB / 512GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel + 8-megapixel 120-degree wide-angle, PDAF, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor
- Ultrasonic AirTriggers, Squeeze gesture
- Dual front speakers, Dual smart amplifiers
- DTS Headphone:X 7.1 virtual surround, Qualcomm aptX HD wireless audio
- 24-bit/192KHz Hi-Res audio
- Game Center, Game Genie, X Mode
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WIFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ad, 2×2 MIMO
- WiGig 802.11 ad wireless display support
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- Custom USB port on the side (supports USB 3.1, DisplayPort 1.4, 15w fast charging)
- Dimensions: 158.8 x 76.2 x 8.6mm
- Weight: 200g
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, ROG HyperCharge (60% in 30mins)
The ASUS ROG Phone has an official price of Php49,995 for the 8GB/128GB model, while the 8GB/512GB variant is at Php61,995.
It will be exclusively available through ROG concept stores, with pre-orders starting today until November 8. Every sold unit will come with a free AeroActive Cooling accessory, ROG Phone case, and a ROG-branded jacket.
You can also get it with the complete accessory bundle for Php108,465 (8GB/128GB) and Php120,465 (8GB/512GB). The package includes the Mobile Desktop Dock, Gamevice controller with WiGig receiver, PC Dock, ROG suitcase, and the TwinView Dock).
To make it more appealing, the first 10 people who will pre-order the device with the accessory bundle can get it for a discounted price of only Php90,990 and php102,990 for the 8GB/128GB and 8GB/512GB models, respectively.