ASUS greets the MWC 2018 crowd with their new Zenfone 5 line-up. This new series of smartphones will be lead by the ASUS Zenfone 5Z — the mightiest device in the entire family.
The ASUS Zenfone 5Z has an all-screen display with a 90% screen-to-body ratio, which actually looks kinda nice. But to achieve this, ASUS was also forced to copy Apple’s annoying display notch. Thankfully, it is not as large and distracting as the one found on the iPhone X.
At the back, you can spot the dual-camera setup in a familiar orientation. They are both from Sony and they offer a wide-angle lens, four-axis optical image stabilization, and AI-powered features.
Speaking of AI, the ASUS Zenfone 5Z will feature Qualcomm’s Artificial Intelligence Engine (AIE) through its Snapdragon 845 chipset.
ASUS Zenfone 5Z Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, ZenUI 5.0
- 6.2-inch FHD+ IPS display 2246 x 1080 resolution, ~401ppi
- 90% screen-to-body ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2.8GHZ Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 octa-core processor
- Qualcomm Artificial Intelligence Engine
- 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 64GB/128GB/256GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 12-megapixel (f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (120-degree wide-angle) dual cameras, 4-axis OIS, LED flash
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- AI Scene Detection, AI Photo Learning, Real-Time Portrait and Beautification
- Fingerprint scanner, Facial recognition
- X20 Gigabit 4G LTE modem
- WiFi 802.11 ac, 2×2
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- Stereo speakers, Smart Amp
- Weight: 155g
- Colors: Meteor Silver, Midnight Blue
- Battery: 3300mAh non-removable battery
The official price of the Zenfone 5Z is $499 (~Php25,000). We expect it to arrive in the Philippines sometime in Q2 or Q3 of 2018.