The concept of ASUS’s future smartphone had been quite vague for almost a year, but now we know its final look as the ASUS Zenfone 6 goes official.
The ASUS Zenfone 6 is powered by a flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 chipset, can contain up to 8GB of RAM, and up to 256GB of storage.
However, what marks the uniqueness of this phone is its flip camera ability. This means that the rear cameras — which consists of a 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 and 13-megapixel ultra-wide sensors — allows a flip action to become the front camera so image quality is equally better.
This feature also permits the camera to be flipped up to 90-degrees, an uncommon feat for smartphones nowadays. The company assures that this action is safe because the phone is made out of liquid metal material.
ASUS Zenfone 6 Specs
- Androud 9 Pie, ZenUI 6
- Dual SIM
- 6.4-inch IPS FHD+ display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core
- 6GB/8GB LPDDR4X RAM
- Adreno 640 GPU
- 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 48-megapixel (f/1.79, Sony IMX586) + 13-megapixel (ultra-wide) 180-degree flip cameras, PDAF, laser autofocus, dual LED flash
- Macro mode, HDR+, Super Night mode, Portrait, Slow Motion (up to 480fps), Time Lapse, Pro mode, Auto Panorama
- 4K 60fps video recording with EIS
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Smart Key button
- Headphone jack, Stereo Speakers, Audio Wizard, DTS:X Ultra
- Dual 4G LTE Cat. 13
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, 2×2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Dual-band GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- USB Type-C
- FM Radio
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 75.44 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 190g
- Colors: Midnight Black, Twilight Silver
- 5,000 mAh battery with Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0
The ASUS Zenfone 6 is not yet available in the Philippines, but price variations have been released in Europe: 6GB/64GB – EUR 499 (~PHP 29,300), 6GB/128GB – EUR 559 (~PHP 32,800), 8GB/256GB – EUR 599 (~PHP 35,200).
So, if you plan on investing for ASUS’s newly released smartphone, you might want to start saving up now. The news of its availability in the country might just be around the corner, so we’ll just have to wait and see.