Firefly Mobile has officially announced the Z2, a new option for those looking for a relatively affordable smartphone with good hardware.
Having a limited budget usually means settling for a mediocre phone with low-end specs, but Firefly Mobile wants to change that. For a price of Php7,999, the company is offering a smartphone with decent specs and build quality.
Powering the Firefly Mobile Z2 is a MediaTek deca-core chipset together with 4GB of RAM. Carrying the heavy load on the graphics side is an ARM Mali-T880 MP4 GPU. The body is made up of metal, so it’s quite heavy and sturdy.
Switching over to the software, things get less interesting. The handset is running on an outdated Android version, which is actually turning three (3) years old next month.
Firefly Mobile Z2 Specs
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hybrid)
- 5.5-inch Full HD Corning Gorilla Glass Display, 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~401ppi
- 2.3GHz MediaTek Helio X20 deca-ore processor
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- 16-megapixel camera with phase detection autofocus, Electronic Image Stabilization, Dual LED flash
- 8-megapixel selfie camera
- Dolby Audio
- USB Type-C port
- Gyroscope, Digital Compass
- Infrared remote control
- OTG Capable
- Dimensions: 153 x 76 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 160g
- Colors: Silver, Gold
- 3,000mAh non-removable battery
Based on the images released by the company themselves, it looks like the Firefly Mobile Z2 is actually a rebrand of a certain Shap device. And true enough, after we did some digging, we found out that it’s actually an exact copy of the Sharp Z2.
The Firefly Mobile Z2 is now available on all Firefly Mobile stores and third-party dealers in the Philippines for Php7,999. In case consumers want it delivered to their doorstep, the company is also offering it in Lazada with cash on delivery option.