The party is not yet over for Huawei’s sub-brand, Honor. In an event held in China, the company announced a new midrange smartphone, the Huawei Honor 9 Lite.
As the name suggests, the new Huawei Honor 9 Lite is a toned-down version of the Honor 9 that was launched way back in June. Few key differences include the slightly less powerful Kirin 659 chipset, but a more pleasing-looking 18:9 aspect ratio display.
The screen has a size of 5.6-inches with FHD+ resolution that’s only a tad bit bigger than the Honor 9, which has an outdated 16:9 aspect ratio.
Backing the Kirin 659 chipset is a 3GB/4GB RAM and a 32GB/64GB of internal storage configuration.
The Huawei Honor 9 Lite looks a bit identical to the Huawei Nova 2i — from the ultra-thin bezels, the brand logo at the chin, the dual cameras’ orientation, and the easy-to-reach fingerprint scanner at the back.
But unlike the Nova 2i, the handset has a more premium look to it. Thanks to the glass in the front and back, plus the metal chassis which holds everything together, the Honor 9 Lite can definitely claim the premium title.
Huawei Honor 9 Lite Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, EMUI 8.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hybrid)
- 5.65-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~428ppi
- 18:9 aspect ratio
- 2.3GHz HiSilicon Kirin 659 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- Mali-T830 MP2 GPU
- 32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual front cameras
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras, PDAF, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- microUSB, OTG compatible
- Dimensions: 151 x 71.9 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 149g
- Colors: Seagull Gray, Magic Nightfall, Pearl White, Navy
- 3000mAh Li-Po non-removable battery
The Huawei Honor 9 Lite will be sold for CNY1,199 (~Php9,200) for the 3GB+32GB variant, while the 4GB/32GB one will be at CNY1,499 (~Php11,500). You can also get it with a 4GB/64GB configuration for CNY1,799 (~Php13,700).
The device will be available in China starting December 26. Interested buyers in the UK, Russia, and India will have to wait for further announcements regarding its availability.