Other than Leica, Huawei is also still in good terms with Porsche. For some reason, it looks like this sports car company has a thing for tech products. This time, the two companies released the new Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design.
Aside from some minor spec bump and major design change, the new Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design is pretty much the same with the new Mate 10 Pro under the hood. It will rock the new Kirin 970 processor with a neural processor for AI. It will also have a 6-inch OLED screen with an 18:9 aspect ratio and HDR10, plus a 20M and 12MP dual Leica cameras at the back.
However this time, the memory is at 6GB and the internal storage is bumped up to a whopping 256GB.
What’s really new here is the design. The device is made with a glass unibody construction, with a vertical design accent at the back, curved corners, and that striking “Porsche Design” logo on the front.
The Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Edition will also come with a custom interface to match its design. And of course, Huawei will be wrapping it with an exclusive packaging and a sleek, custom-made leather case.
Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, EMUI 8.0
- Dual SIM
- 6.0-inch FullView OLED display, 18:9 aspect ratio, 2160 x 1080 resolution, ~401ppi
- 2.3GHz Kirin 970 octa-core processor
- Neural Network Processing Unit, i7 co-processor
- 6GB RAM
- Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- 256GB internal storage
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 12-megapixel (RGB) + 20-megapixel (Monochrome) dual rear cameras, OIS, dual-LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- Infrared Blaster
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 2.4G/5G
- GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB Type-C, DisplayPort 1.2
- Diamond Black
- Dimensions: 154.2 x 74.5 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 178g
- 4000mAh battery
The Huawei Mate 10 Porsche Design will be available for EUR1,395 (around Php84,100) starting mid-November. For that whopping European price tag, we can expect Huawei’s big dog to be even more expensive than Apple’s iPhone X when it arrives in the Philippines.