Despite all the hurdles that they are facing, Huawei is still not done on releasing new smartphones for the US market. This time, the Chinese company will try to lure the Americans with a budget-friendly smartphone — the Huawei Mate SE.
It has identical specs with the Honor 7x but with upgraded memory and storage. The difference is this branding is better for them as the US market is already familiar with the Huawei Mate 10.
When it comes to design, the Huawei Mate SE is slightly identical to its bigger brothers — at least in the screen department. This device has a 5.93-inch Full HD+ IPS display, with an 18:9 aspect ratio and ultra-slim side bezels.
There’s an 8-megapixel front camera on top, while at the back there’s 16-megapixel and 2-megapixel sensors. Powering it up is a Kirin 659 octa-core processor with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage.
On the downside, it only comes with Android 7.0 Nougat with EMUI, instead of the newer Android 8.0 Oreo and EMUI 8.0 like the one found on their other new smartphone, the Nova 2 Lite.
Huawei Mate SE Specs
- Android 7.0 Nougat, EMUI 5.1
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (nano, hybrid)
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ IPS display, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~407ppi
- 2.3GHz Kirin 659 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Mali-T830 MP2 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras
- Fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE, HSPA+
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, WiFi hotspot
- Bluetooth v4.1
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 75.3 x 7.6mm
- Weight: 165g
- Colors: Gray, Gold
- 3,340mAh non-removable battery
The Huawei Mate SE is now available on Amazon for USD229 (~Php11,900).