Huawei has introduced a new version of the Nova 8 SE — now with a 4G chipset.
The new Huawei Nova 8 SE 4G is essentially the same as the 5G model that came out a year ago. Only this time, it uses a way outdated Kirin 710A processor. But if you can get past that, this device is actually quite nice.
For one, it has a colorful 6.5-inch OLED screen, with an in-display fingerprint scanner, but no high refresh rate. It also boasts an ultra-fast 66W charging for its 3,800mAh battery and runs on the brand’s own HarmonyOS 2.0.
On the back, we have a quad-camera setup led by a 64-megapixel main shooter, joined by an ultra-wide and two 2-megapixel sensors.
The Huawei Nova 8 SE 4G is now available in China for CNY2,099 (around Php16,600), international release is yet to be confirmed.
Huawei Nova 8 SE 4G Specs
- HarmonyOS 2
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.53-inches FHD+ OLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- HDR10 support
- 2.0GHz Kirin 710A octa-core processor
- 8GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.9, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.4) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor), LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- No headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, A-GPS, BDS, QZSS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.5 x 74.8 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 180g
- Colors: Silver, Blue, Deep Blue, Black
- 3,800mAh non-removable battery, 66W Huawei SuperCharge