Huawei has come up with a brand new smartphone, the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019, and it looks like we’ll be seeing here in the Philippines soon.
A few days ago, Huawei introduced the P Smart Z, which has a pop-up camera. In that article, we said that we may not see this device here in the Philippines until it gets a different moniker. Well, alas, as a similar-looking Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 just appeared on the company’s website.
The Y9 Prime 2019 will have the same 16-megapixel pop-up selfie camera, which is a first in any Huawei device. But on the back, it will have a triple camera, with the addition of an 8-megapixel ultra-wide sensor that the P Smart Z doesn’t have.
Still, it will have a Kirin 710F processor, a slight bump up over the Kirin 710 that almost all of Huawei’s current midrange devices have. It can be bought with either 4GB/64GB and 4GB/128GB of RAM and storage options.
Another big thing here is the USB Type-C port, which could be a new feature from the updated chipset. It also has a decent 4,000mAh battery and large 6.59-inch FHD+ display.
Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 Specs
- Android 9 Pie, EMUI 9.0
- 6.59-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~391ppi
- Kirin 710F octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 16-megapixel pop-up front camera
- 16-megapixel + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel rear cameras, LED flash
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 77.3 x 8.8mm
- Weight: 198.8g
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green, Midnight Black
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
The official pricing and availability details of the Huawei Y9 Prime 2019 are yet to be announced.