Huawei finally gave in and introduced a smartphone with a pop-up camera — the new Huawei P Smart Z.
The Huawei P Smart Z has a similar design over its siblings like the Nova 3 and the Y9 2019. What’s really new here is the new two-tone paint job on the back and a notch-less 6.59-inch FHD+ display that was made possible by the aforementioned pop-up camera on the top.
This moving part houses a 16-megapixel selfie shooter, while on the back we have a 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual camera setup.
Huawei wants to reassure the doubters of pop-up cameras by testing its durability 100,000+. The company also claims that it can handle 12kg of pressure.
It will also come with a slightly improved Kirin 710F chipset, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of expandable storage. The new processor was probably behind the upgrade to a USB Type-C port, which will recharge its 4,000mAh battery.
Huawei P Smart Z Specs
- Android 9 Pie, EMUI 9.0
- 6.59-inch FHD+ LCD display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~391ppi
- Kirin 710F octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 16-megapixel pop-up front camera
- 16-megapixel + 2-megapixel rear cameras, LED flash
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.5 x 77.3 x 8.8mm
- Weight: 198.8g
- Colors: Sapphire Blue, Emerald Green, Midnight Black
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
The official pricing and release details for the Huawei P Smart Z are yet to be announced. But if it can make its way in the Philippines, we shall see this device under a different moniker.