Sharp has some of the oddest smartphone releases around. And with the new Sharp Aquos R3, we get to see what Japanese technology is all about — efficiency and practicality.
Unlike devices with edge-to-edge screens, the Sharp Aquos R3 keeps not just one notch — but two of them. The one on the top houses the 16-megapixel front camera, while on the bottom there’s the traditional physical fingerprint scanner.
The display itself is pretty jam-packed. It’s a 3120 x 1440-resolution IGZO screen that spans at about 6.2-inches and features a fast 120Hz refresh rate and HDR 10 support.
This makes gaming on the Aquos R3 really smooth as it’s also partnered with the flagship Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 processor with 6GB of RAM. The battery is a bit uninspiring at 3,200mAh, but it does have a fast 11W Qi wireless charging support.
Just like their previous releases, we might not see the Sharp Aquos R3 in the Philippines and most markets besides Japan. Its official pricing is yet to be announced, too.
Sharp Aquos R3 Specs
- Android 9.0 Pie
- 6.2-inch QHD+ IGZO display, 3120 x 1440 pixel resolution, ~554ppi
- 2.8GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 128GB internal storage
- 120Hz refresh rate, HDR10, Dolby Vision
- 16-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 20-megapixel (photo) + 20-megapixel (ultra-wide, video) rear cameras, AI, PDAF, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo Speakers, Dolby Atmos
- WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Dimensions: 156 x 74 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 185g
- 3,200mAh non-removable battery, 11W Qi wireless charging