LG Mobile’s trump cards show on MWC 2018 might not be a bigger splash compared to Samsung’s, but a lot of enthusiasts would surely appreciate what the company has come up with.
Meet the new LG V30s ThinQ and V30s+ ThinQ. These two are practically the same, underrated V30 from last year. But this time around, it gets updated with Artificial Intelligence features to keep up with the competition.
They still sport the same 6-inch QHD+ OLED screens with an aspect ratio of 18:9 and run on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor.
The only main differences here are its upgraded memory and AI features. The LG V30s ThinkQ has 6GB of RAM and 128GB of onboard storage, while the LG V30s ThinQ has the same 6GB RAM but a larger 256GB of internal storage.
Both devices will also have AI Cam, which analyzes the shooting scenario to automatically provide the right camera settings. There’s also the Voice AI which allows you to run applications and change settings just by using voice commands without needing to scramble through the settings menu.
LG V30s ThinQ and V30s+ ThinQ Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, UX 6.0+
- 6-inch QHD+ OLED 18:9 FullVision display, 2880 x 1440 resolution, ~538ppi
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB (V30s ThinQ) / 256GB (V30s ThinQ), expandable via microSD up to 2TB
- 5-megapixel front camera, 90-degree wide-angle, f/2.2
- 16-megapixel (f/1.8, 3-axis OIS) + 13-megapixel (f/1.6, 120-degree wide-angle) rear cameras
- Crystal Clear Lens, laser & phase detection autofocus, LED flash
- AI Camera, QVoice, AI Haptic, BrightMode
- Fingerprint scanner, Face and Voice Recognition
- IP68 Water and Dust Resistant
- MIL-STD 810G compliant (Drop and shock resistant)
- 32-bit HiFi Quad DAC
- 4G LTE-A
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 158g
- 3300mAh non-removable battery, wireless charging, Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
LG is yet to announce the official pricing and availability so stay tuned.
Source: LG Newsroom