Alongside the standard Meizu 15, the company has also unveiled the bigger Meizu 15 Plus.
As the name suggests, the Meizu 15 Plus is a supercharged version of the regular Meizu 15, which basically means that it has a better set of specs. It has a 5.95-inch AMOLED display with a crispy QHD resolution. Meizu didn’t join the notch and 18:9 bandwagon, so it was able to cut the bezels to only 1.175mm — the narrowest bezel in the whole world right now.
On the software side, there’s nothing really impressive. It runs on an old Android 7.1.2 Nougat operating system with the new Flyme 7.0. Meizu says that it has over 100 improvements and innovations compared to its last iteration.
The Meizu 15 Plus is equipped with a year old Exynos 8895 — the exact same chipset used in Samsung’s flagship devices last year. That doesn’t mean that it lacks the power to compete in today’s battlefield, as it still has sufficient computing prowess together with its Mali-G71 MP20 GPU. There’s plenty of RAM with 6GB, while storage is limited to 64GB or 128GB as there is no expansion slot support.
Meizu 15 Plus Specs
- Android 7.1.2 Oreo, Flyme UI 7.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hybrid)
- 5.95-inch QHD AMOLED display, 2560 x 1440 pixel resolution, ~494ppi
- Samsung Exynos 8895 octa-core processor
- Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB internal storage
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi hotspot
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- 12-megapixel f/1.8, 1.55 µm Sony IMX380 sensor + 20-megapixel Sony IMX350 camera with phase detection autofocus and quad-LED dual-tone flash
- 20-megapixel front-facing camera
- Bluetooth v4.2
- Stereo speakers
- GPS, A-GPS
- USB Type-C port
- Colors: Black, Gold, White, Blue
- 3,500mAh non-removable battery
Other highlights include Meizu’s new mEngine, a haptic feedback process which is said to be on par with Apple’s taptic engine. The facial recognition feature is developed with Sensetime, an Artificial Intelligence (AI) startup in China with $3 billion valuation.
The price of Meizu 15 Plus starts at CNY 3,000 or around Php25,000 in terms of Philippine peso. The premium variant will be sold for Php27,400. Selling begins on the 29th of April.