The Galaxy Note 8 isn’t the only “Note” device that was released on August 23. Joining the phablet-comeback craze is Meizu with their new M6 Note.
The Meizu M6 Note is a follow-up to last year’s M5 Note. Only this time, it comes with upgraded specs. It might not be as fancy as the Meizu Pro 7 and Pro 7 Plus with their lavish secondary screen, but the M6 Note still tried to make use of what it has — and I’m talking about the price.
What we have here is a 5.5-inch 1080p display, a screen size that used to be really large for a normal smartphone. But as handsets get bigger and bigger, a having a 5.5-inch might not be huge enough to be called a “Note” device.
Moving on, there’s also a Snapdragon 625 chipset inside the Meizu M6 Note. This thing packs an octa-core processor, an option between 3GB or 4GB of RAM, and an Adreno 506 GPU. Storage wise, you can go with either 16GB, 32GB, or the 64GB config.
And on to the highlight of the show, we have the dual cameras at the back. There’s a 12-megapixel Sony sensor backed with a secondary 5-megapixel Samsung shooter for capturing depth information. Thanks to these two, you can take pictures with synthetic bokeh effect.
Meizu M6 Note Specs
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat, Flyme OS 6.0
- Dual SIM, Nano
- 5.5-inch FHD IPS display, 1920 x 1080 resolution, ~401ppi
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB RAM
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 16GB/32GB/64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 12-megapixel (Sony IMX362) + 5-megapixel (Samsung 2L7) rear cameras, quad-LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 154.6 x 75.2 x 8.35mm
- Weight: 173g
- Black / Blue / Gold
- 4000mAh non-removable battery, mCharging
Meizu M6 Note will be available online in China starting September 1. Physical store sales will start on September 2 on their own Meizu Store. Pricing will be as follows.
- (3GB/16GB) – CNY1,099 (around Php8,400)
- (3GB/32GB) – CNY1,299 (around Php9,900)
- (4GB/64GB) – CNY1,699 (around Php13,00)
Pricing and availability in the Philippines are yet to be announced as of the moment. But since they are now in the country, we expect this phone to hit our shores very soon.