Meizu announced and took the wraps off its latest high-end smartphone – the Pro 6 Plus.
As you may have guessed, this is a more beefed up version of the Pro 6 which was launched earlier this year.
The Meizu Pro 6 Plus is packed with a 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED screen with a pixel density of 515. Digging down inside, there’s a Samsung Exynos 8890 chipset which is the same as the Galaxy S7. A faster 4GB of RAM is also on board with a choice of either 64GB or 128GB UFS 2.0 storage options.
A dedicated audio chip from a company called ESS is also present, bringing the same audio prowess from the LG V20. The back is where the 12-megapixel Sony sensor is placed together with a ring LED flash. It’s the same sensor used in the mid-range handset Meizu M3X.
Meizu Pro 6 Plus Specs
- Android Marshmallow, Flyme OS 6.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 5.7-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED 3D Touch Display, 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution, ~515ppi
- 2.0GHz or 2.3GHz Samsung Exynos 8890 octa-core processor
- Mali-T880 MP10 / Mali-T880 MP12 GPU
- LPDDR4 4GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB internal storage
- WiFi a/b/g/n/ac
- ESS ES9018K2M Audio Chip
- 3G, HSPA+, 4G, LTE
- 12-megapixel Sony IMX38 rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, 10 LED dual-tone flash
- 5-megapixel front camera
- Heart Rate Sensor
- GPS, GLONASS
- Bluetooth 4.1
- mTouch Fingerprint Scanner
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 155.6 x 77.3 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 158 g
- Colors: Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold, and Deep Ash
- 3400 mAh non-removable battery
The Meizu Pro 6 Plus supports 24W fast charging via the company’s propietary mCharge technology. It also features the newest version of Flyme OS on top of 6.0 Marshmallow. No mention about an upgrade to 7.0 Nougat just yet. It comes with an AI built in aimed to optimize system and resources performance.
It will be available for purchase in China for CNY 3,000 ($435) for the base model while the high-end Meizu Pro 6 Plus will be sold for CNY 3,300 ($479).