Smartwatches are beginning to rule the world. No, not really. It is just that another smartwatch is coming and it will be available for both Android and iOS devices. MetaWatch Strata is one of the those upcoming super smartwatches I’m talking about apart from Sony’s smartwatch . Lets take a short peek on its features, specifications, and video below.
MetaWatch Strata is just like any other smartwatch out there that acts as a remote controller device that will manage your notifications. Interestingly, the MetaWatch Strata is said to be the first ever smartwatch that will work with iOS devices and the developers even said that it will also support iOS 6.
The best thing about this is they’ve decided to make it open source, so just like the android operating system, it can also be modified by other people based on their liking. This way, a lot of developers can potentially revolutionalize this super watch into a countless number of ways.
- iPhone 4s
- iOS 5 (basic functionality only)
- iOS 6 (advanced functionality)
- Initially Wahoo Fitness BLE sensors for iPhone 4s
- Ambient light sensor / 3 Axis accelerometer
- 5 ATM water-resistant
- Titanium finished stainless steel top ring
- Double injection molded PU, co-molded with PC body
- 96×96 mirror polymer network display
- Mineral hardened glass lens with anti-glare coating
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 6 buttons
- Vibrating alerts
- Rechargeable, 5-7 day battery life
MetaWatch Strata Features
- Facebook & Twitter Notifications Synchronization
- SMS and Email Notifications
- Weather Stock and Calendar Widgets
- Multiple Watch Faces
- Lost Phone Alarm
- Music Control
- Caller-ID Notifications
- Cycling and Integrated Running App
- Alarms & Timers
Here’s the official video for the MetaWatch Strata
As of the moment, the only smartwatch available in the market is the Sony smartwatch is available. The MetaWatch Strata SmartWatch and another one called as Pebble will arrive in the upcoming months. As for the price, it is still unknown.