Motorola has officially unveiled its latest flip phone, the new Motorola Razr 5G.
As expected, the new model is a huge improvement over its 2019 predecessor. While the two phones are quite similar in the looks department, the Razr 5G ups its main camera module to 48 megapixels with f/1.7 aperture and optical image stabilization. The processor has also been upgraded to the more powerful Snapdragon 765G, the same chip inside the likes of LG Q92 5G and OPPO K7 5G.
For memory, there’s now 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. The fingerprint scanner has been moved to the rear, occupying the same spot as the Motorola logo, which is why the chin bezel is thinner. Battery capacity has increased to 2,800mAh. The 15W TurboPower fast charging support remains.
The main display measures the same at 6.2 inches with a 2142-by-876 resolution, still with a notch on top to accommodate the 20-megapixel f/2.2 selfie camera, the earpiece and some sensors. There’s still a 2.7-inch secondary OLED display with 800-by-600 resolution at the back that can be used for notifications and other quick actions when the phone is folded.
And naturally, as indicated in the name, the Razr 5G sports an integrated 5G modem. The foldable phone also supports eSIMs.
The Motorola Razr 5G will sell at a premium price of $1,399 (approx. ₱68,000).
Motorola Razr 5G Specs
- Android 10
- 6.2-inch foldable pOLED display, 2142 x 876 pixel resolution, ~373ppi, 20:9 aspect ratio
- 2.7-inch external gOLED display, 800 x 600 pixel resolution, ~370ppi, 4:3 aspect ratio
- 2.4GHz octa-core 7nm Snapdragon 765G processor
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 48-megapixel primary camera, f/1.7, Dual-Pixel autofocus, dual-LED flash
- 20-megapixel front camera
- Front-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bottom-firing speaker, 4 microphones
- GPS, A-GPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Splash-proof nanocoating
- Dimensions: 168.5 x 72.5 x 8 mm (unfolded), 94 x 72 x 14mm (folded)
- Weight: 190g
- Color: Noir Black
- 2,800mAh non-removable battery, 15W TurboPower charging