Motorola is combining nostalgia and modern tech with the launch of the new Motorola Razr foldable phone.
Cool kids of the early 2000s sure know what the Razr phone is. As the name suggests, it features a sleek, razor-thin design. And now in 2019, it’s making a comeback with the new Motorola Razr 2019 foldable phone.
Unlike the Galaxy Fold or the Mate X, the Motorola Razr adopts the clamshell design of the first Razr phones. This thing has a tall 6.2-inch pOLED flexible display, with a wide 21:9 aspect ratio perfect for watching movies.
We also have the familiar 2.7-inch OLED secondary screen on the back for your notifications, time, or as a viewfinder if you want to use the 16-megapixel primary camera for selfies.
But unlike the other fancy foldable phones, the new Motorola Razr is only powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor, with 6GB of RAM, and 128GB of internal storage.
Motorola Razr 2019 Foldable Phone Specs
- Android 9 Pie
- 6.2-inch foldable pOLED display, 2142 x 876 pixel resolution, ~373ppi, 20:9 aspect ratio
- 2.7-inch external gOLED display, 800 x 600 pixel resolution, ~370ppi, 4:3 aspect ratio
- 2.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, non-expandable
- 5-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 16-megapixel primary camera, f/1.7, Dual-Pixel autofocus, dual-LED flash
- Splash-proof nanocoating
- Front-mounted fingerprint scanner
- Bottom-firing speaker, 4 microphones
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- GPS, A-GPS, LTEPP, SUPL, GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 172 x 72 x 6.9mm (unfolded), 94 x 72 x 14mm (folded)
- Weight: 205g
- Color: Noir Black
- 2,510mAh non-removable battery, 15W TurboPower charging
The company is yet to announce the official pricing and availability details for the Motorola Razr. But considering that the Galaxy Fold launched in the Philippines for more than Php100k, we don’t expect this one to come cheap.