HMD Global has announced a new member of the X-series, the Nokia X5.
Like its bigger brother, the Nokia X5 features a glass body and a notched screen, implying that the company is now all in to the latest design trend that was set by the iPhone X.
As expected, the Nokia X5 is cheaper and has lower hardware than the X6. It is equipped with a fairly large 5.9-inch HD+ screen and a tall aspect ratio of 19:9. Since the resolution is a step down from 1080p, media streaming and gaming won’t be as good as the more expensive model.
Inside, the Nokia X5 is powered by a Helio P60 chipset from MediaTek. For the RAM and storage, there’s an option between the combination of 3GB + 32GB and 4GB + 64GB.
A 2018 smartphone wouldn’t be complete if it doesn’t have a dual rear camera setup. The main 13-megapixel sensor is partnered with a 5-megapixel shooter to help capture better photos. Meanwhile, selfie lovers get an 8-megapixel sensor. A fingerprint scanner is also placed on the back for easy reachability.
The Nokia X5 price starts at 999 yuan (~Php8,000). It will come in blue, white, and black colors. Pricing and availability for other regions are currently unknown.
Nokia X5 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 5.86-inch 19:9 HD+ 2.D Display, 1520 x 720 pixel resolution, ~287ppi
- 2GHz MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core processor
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 13-megapixel f/2.0 sensor with PDAF + 5-megapixel rear cameras, LED flash
- 8-megapixel 80.4-deg wide-angle front camera, f/2.2 aperture
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, WiFi hotspot
- HSPA+, Dual 4G, Dual VoLTE
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- FM Radio
- Bluetooth v4.2
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 149.51 x 71.98 x 8.096 mm
- Colors: Baltic Sea Blue, Night Black, Glacier White
- 3,060mAh battery