Xiaomi has formally introduced the all-new Mi Max 3, the latest iteration on the rapidly growing Mi Max series.
True to its roots of being a huge smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi Max 3 is equipped with a massive 6.9-inch 1080p+ screen with a tall 18:9 aspect ratio. The bezels on the sides are incredibly thin, measuring only 1.3mm each. Under the hood, there’s a Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset, accompanied by 6GB of RAM, and an Adreno 509 GPU.
UPDATE: Xiaomi Mi Max 3 price in the Philippines.
On the software side of things, the Xiaomi Mi Max 3 is running on Android 8.1 Oreo with the company’s proprietary MIUI 9 skin. It’s expected to get the MIUI 10 update as soon as it rolls-out to the public.
The Xiaomi Mi Max 3 has a single 12-megapixel primary camera that comes with dual PD focus and a supporting 5-megapixel shooter for AI capabilities. It is capable of detecting up to 206 different scenes and it comes with an AI assistant as well. In front, there’s an 8-megapixel camera for selfies and the face unlock feature.
Xiaomi Mi Max 3 Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, MIUI 9
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (Hyrbrid)
- 6.9-inc Full HD+ 18:9 IPS 2.5D Curved Glass Display, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution, 84% NTSC color gamut
- 1.8GHz octa-core Snapdragon 636 14nm processor
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB /6GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- 12-megapixel Sony IMX363 rear camera, f/1.9 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, Dual PD focus, LED flash
- 5-megapixel secondary rear camera
- 8-megapixel front camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, soft LED flash
- HSPA+, Dual 4G VoLTE
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Wi-Fi hotspot
- Infrared sensor
- Bluetooth v5.0
- Fingerprint sensor
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- 3.5mm audio jack
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 176.15×87.4×7.99mm
- Weight: 221g
- 5,500mAh non-removable battery
But what’s so special about the Mi Max 3? The huge 5,500mAh battery capacity. However, it’s obvious that the reason why it got such capacity is because of its massive footprint being a 6.9-inch smartphone. In addition, the battery can be filled up very quickly thanks to the built-in Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging support.
The Xiaomi Mi Max 3 has a starting price of 1,699 yuan (~Php13,500) for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage version. Meanwhile, the 6GB + 128GB model costs 1,999 yuan (~Php15,900). The phone will be available beginning July 20, 2018.
Ngatog na naman kalaban