After months of leaks and anticipation, the OnePlus Nord have been finally made official as the company’s first midrange release in a long while.
With their “Never Settle” slogan, OnePlus is known for their no-compromise yet affordable smartphones, and the OnePlus Nord is one of them. This thing is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G octa-core processor, one of the best in the midrange space today.
UPDATE: The OnePlus Nord 8GB/128GB has a price of Php21,990 in the Philippines. Check availability and payment options for more info.
With this processor, the Nord gets to have 5G connectivity. It also has atennas for dual-band WiFi, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, and dual-band GPS.
It also boasts a 6.44-inch FHD+ display and just like its flagship brothers, this one features a Fluid AMOLED screen with a smooth 90Hz refresh rate, which is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5. It comes with sRGB and P3 color modes, but no HDR.
There’s a wide punch-hole on the top left of the screen that houses the dual selfie cameras. First, we have a 32-megapixel Sony IMX616 wide camera for selfies and an 8-megapixel ultra-wide for group shots.
We have a quad-camera setup on the back, all placed vertically in a single glass. It starts with the 48-megapixel main sensor with f/1.75 aperture, OIS, and EIS — that’s the same camera found on the flagship OnePlus 8. Although, it can only do [email protected] video recording.
Next to it is the 8-megapixel ultra-wide with a 119-degree field-of-view. And in true midrange fashion, the OnePlus Nord comes with the obligatory 5-megapixel depth sensor and 2-megapixel macro cameras.
You can also notice the shiny glass design on the back. The OnePlus Nord is available in this teal Blue Marble color option, but if you want to go stealthy, a Gray Onyx version is also available.
On the downside, it lacks a headphone jack, but that’s where the also-new OnePlus Buds comes in. On the upside, this budget offering gets to have the same Warp Charge 30T charger, which promises to charge its 4,115mAh battery from 0% to 70% in half an hour.
OnePlus Nord Specs
- Android 10, OxygenOS
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.44-inch FHD+ Fluid AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~408ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate, sRGB, P3
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.4Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 765G octa-core processor
- 6GB/8GB/12GB LPDD4X RAM
- Adreno 620 GPU
- 64GB/128GB/256GB UFS 2.1 storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel (f/2.4) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) front cameras
- 48-megapixel (f/1.7, OIS, EIS) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.25) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 5-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, PDAF, CAF, LED flash
- [email protected], [email protected] slow-mo
- Alert slider
- Super linear speaker, No headphone jack
- In-display fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.1
- USB Type-C
- Dual-band GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BDS, A-GPS, NavIC
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 73.3 x 8.2mm
- Weight: 184g
- Colors: Blue Marble, Gray Onyx
- 4,115mAh non-removable battery, Warp Charge 30T fast-charging
The OnePlus Nord will be available in select markets starting August 4. In India, the base model with 8GB/128GB model will retail for INR28,000 (around Php18,500), while the 12GB/256GB variant will be at INR30,000 (around Php19,800).
A cheaper 6GB/64GB Amazon India-exclusive is also expected to arrive in September for INR25,000 (around Php16,500). Meanwhile, it’s release details here in the Philippines are yet to be announced but, Digital Walker has already confirmed that they will be bringing this midrange phone in the country.