The OPPO A74 5G has been subtly introduced abroad and is tipped to arrive in the Philippines.
With the OPPO A74 5G, you’re getting a Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 processor, an 8nm chipset that brings 5G connectivity to budget smartphones like this. Meanwhile, the 4G model uses a Snapdragon 662 CPU.
The A74 5G also managed to have a 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling. But unlike the 4G variant, this appears to have an LCD panel instead of an AMOLED. The exact screen size was not mentioned for some reason, but we suspect it’s the same at 6.43-inches.
It also has the same 48-megapixel and two 2-megapixel cameras, but with the addition of an ultra-wide lens.
Keeping the lights on is a generous 5,000mAh battery. But for some reason, the 33W fast charging of the 4G variant was swapped with 18W for the 5G model.
The OPPO A74 5G has a price of THB8,999 (around Php13,900). It’s available in Thailand as an online exclusive through Lazada and Shopee. Let’s just wait and see if and when it will arrive in the Philippines. As an alternative, you can check the 4G-only model.
OPPO A74 5G Specs
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 5G octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- Adreno 619 GPU
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 13-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.9 x 74.7 x 8.4mm
- Colors: Fluid Black, Space Silver
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging