Last year, OPPO did back their flagship device, the OPPO F5, with a cheaper alternative in the body of the F5 Youth. Now, the company will follow the tradition as they launch the new OPPO F7 Youth.
As expected, the OPPO F7 Youth came from the same mold as the more expensive OPPO F7 (read our review). Although this time, it has some toned-down specs to accommodate the more affordable price tag.
Like the standard OPPO F7 and the F7 128GB, the F7 Youth will be powered by the MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core processor. Since the chipset was not downgraded, it makes the F7 Youth as one of the cheapest with this kind of processor.
Another thing that’s been compromised is the cameras. The OPPO F7 Youth now only has an 8-megapixel selfie camera and a 13-megapixel shooter at the back. They are still equipped with OPPO’s AI Face Beauty and other AI-related photo modes and features.
The fingerprint scanner and screen notch were also removed, but the display is still identical. It comes with a 6-inch FHD+ screen with an 18:9 aspect ratio as well as Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with ColorOS 5.0 interface on top.
OPPO F7 Youth Specs
- Android 8.1 Oreo, ColorOS 5.0
- Dual nano SIM, Dual Standby
- 6-inch FHD+ IPS 18:9 aspect ratio display, 2160 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~402ppi
- MediaTek Helio P60 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel rear camera, LED flash
- AI Face Beauty, AI Scene Recognition
- Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11
- Dimensions: 156.5 x 75.2 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 155g
- Colors: Solar Red, Diamond Black
- 3,410mAh non-removable battery
The OPPO F7 Youth retails for a price of Php13,990. You can get a free Olike Magic Music Lamp when you pre-order the device from May 28 until June 1.