Like its sister company Realme, OPPO has also introduced a Pro Plus version of the new Reno 8 series.
Obviously, the OPPO Reno 8 Pro Plus is fancier than the standard Reno 8 and 8 Pro models that came out alongside it. This one has a bigger and faster 6.7-inch OLED panel at 120Hz refresh rate. It also boasts noticeably thinner bezels.
It also gets to have an autofocus feature for its 32-megapixel selfie camera, something that its younger siblings don’t have.
The Pro Plus model also has the most powerful chipset. This one comes with a MediaTek Dimensity 8100 Max processor, aided by 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM and 256GB of UFS 3.1 internal storage.
OPPO’s MariSilicon X NPU is also here. It helps the device take better pictures with its 50-megapixel IMX766 sensor, 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and 2-megapixel macro lens. Similar to the vanilla Pro model.
It also shares the same 4,500mAh battery and 80 SuperVOOC charging as the Pro variant.
The OPPO Reno 8 Pro Plus has a price of CNY3,699 (around Php29,000) and CNY3,999 (around Php31,400) for the 8GB/256GB and 12GB/256GB models, respectively. It will be available in China starting June 1 while release details in the Philippines are yet to be known.
OPPO Reno 8 Pro Plus Specs
- Android 12, ColorOS 12.1
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.7-inches FHD+ AMOLED display, 2412 x 1080 pixel resolution, 394ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 950-nits peak brightness
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- 2.85GHz MediaTek Dimensity 8100 Max octa-core processor
- MariSilicon X NPU
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Mali-G610 MC6 GPU
- 256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 32-megapixel front camera, AF
- 50-megapixel (IMX766, PDAF, f/1.8) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.3
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.2 x 74.2 x 7.3mm
- Weight: 183g
- Colors: Mint, Silver, Black
- 4,500mAh non-removable battery, 80W SuperVOOC fast charging