The new Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro is probably the most feature-packed smartphone that we have ever seen. But if that’s not enough, they also have a blown-up version with the productivity and gaming-focused Mate 20 X. But if you want something more lavish, then go check out the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS.
This device is a testament to the continued partnership between Huawei and Porsche, a prominent car manufacturer. As expected, the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS gets a lot of its design cues from a sports car.
The back panel is made with “handcrafted premium leather with artisan texture”. While in the middle there’s a combination of glass and metal that runs through the bump-less triple-camera system.
It also comes with a custom interface, which, compliments the overall race-car look and feel of the device.
As for the rest of the rest of the specs, it’s pretty much the same with the Huawei Mate 20 Pro. There’s the large 6.39-inch OLED screen on the front, a Kirin 980 processor on the inside, and the said triple rear cameras on the back that’s led by a 40-megapixel sensor.
Huawei also included a 4,200mAh battery on this thing, with their new 40W SuperCharge and 15W Wireless Quick Charge technologies.
The only main hardware difference here is the RAM and storage configurations. The Mate 20 RS is available with 8GB of RAM with either 256GB and 512GB of storage.
Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS Specs
- Android 9 Pie, EMUI 9.0
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby (nano format)
- 6.39-inch QHD+ AMOLED Display, 3120 x 1440 pixel resolution, ~538 ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass protection, HDR10
- 2.6GHz HiSilicon Kirin 980 octa-core processor, Dual NPU
- Mali-G76 GPU
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB/512GB internal storage, expandable via nano SD
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Dynamic Pressure Sensing
- 24-megapixel front camera
- 3D face unlock (Dot projector, Flood illuminator, IR camera)
- 40-megapixel (f/1.8, 27mm, wide-angle) + 20-megapixel (f/2.2, 16mm, ultra wide-angle) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4, 80mm, 3x telephoto)
- 3D object modeling, 3D Live Emoji
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Dual-band
- 4G LTE, Cat.2.1, 1.4GBps
- Invisible dual speakers
- GPS, A-GPS, BDS, GLONASS
- Dimensions: 157.8 x 72.3 x 9.7 mm
- Weight: 187 g
- Colors: Black
- 40W Huawei SuperCharge, 15W Huawei Wireless Quick Charge, Wireless reverse charge
- 4,200mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
It goes without saying that the Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS is a luxury device. Hence, it’s not so surprising that it’s priced at EUR1,695 (~Php105,600) for the 8GB/256GB model, while the 8GB/512GB variant costs EUR2,095 (~Php130,600). The device will go on sale starting October 16.