Alongside the new Huawei Mate 20 and Mate 20 Pro, the Chinese tech giant also announced the new Huawei Mate 20 X, the company’s answer to the growing popularity of gaming-centric smartphones.
As expected, the Huawei Mate 20 X will come with blown-up specs to meet the demanding needs of mobile gamers and hardcore users. Right off the bat, the Mate 20 X brags a gigantic 7.2-inch OLED screen with a sharp resolution of 2244 x 1080 pixel resolution.
Not only that it can provide more screen real-estate for on-screen controls when playing games, but it can also make watching videos and movies more immersive. Also, having an OLED screen means that it can provide vibrant colors and deep contrast.
And to handle all those graphics and other performance-hungry needs, the Huawei Mate 20 X is powered by the company’s 7nm Kirin 980 chipset, with 6GB of RAM and a 128GB of storage that’s expandable via Huawei’s new Nano memory card.
It also comes with a new Mali-G76 MP10 graphics card, partnered with the updated GPU Turbo 2.0 technology, which promises an outmost performance when playing games.
We expect the chipset to do a lot of number crunching, which is why Huawei developed the new Supercool technology, which uses a Vapor Chamber with Graphene Film that will make the chipset, and the overall device, stay cool while you’re gaming for hours.
And to keep up with all of its powerful and enormous hardware, the Huawei Mate 20 X has an equally large 5,000mAh battery. It also brags Huawei’s SuperCharge technology.
Since this is still a Mate 20 device, it will also come with a great set of cameras. The X version will keep the camera configuration that the Pro variant has. That includes a 40-megapixel RGB camera, a 20-megapixel with a wide-angle lens, and an 8-megapixel sensor with optical zoom capability. All of which are covered with Leica optics.
Huawei Mate 20 X Specs
- Android 9 Pie, EMUI 9
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 7.2-inch OLED FHD+ display, 2244 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~539ppi
- HDR10, 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 7nm Kirin 980 octa-core processor, dual-NPU
- Graphene Film and Vapor Chamber Cooling System
- 6GB RAM
- GPU Turbo 2.0
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via Nano memory card up to 256GB
- 24-megapixel front camera
- 40-megapixel (f/1.8) + 20-megapixel (wide-angle lens, f/2.2) + 8-megapixel (3x telephoto, f/2.4) dual rear cameras, Leica optics, dual-Tone flash
- 3D face unlock (Dot projector, Flood illuminator, IR camera)
- AI scene detection, 21:9 cinematic video recording
- Huawei M-Pen (sold separately)
- FIngerprint scanner
- IP53 water and dust resistant
- Stereo speakers
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Dual-frequency GPS
- USB Type-C
- Colors: Midnight Blue, Phantom Silver
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, Huawei SuperCharge
The new Huawei Mate 20 X will have a retail price of EUR899 (~Php56,000) and will be available in select markets starting October 26.