Qualcomm has released its own smartphone for its 1.6 million Snapdragon Insiders, a group of fans and enthusiasts.
The device, officially called Qualcomm Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders, was co-created by hardware manufacturer ASUS, and it’s packed with some of the top specs you’d find from a Snapdragon device.
This device is meant to showcase Qualcomm’s mobile technologies, both in the hardware and software departments. The package comes with TWS earphones that has Snapdragon Sound produced by Master and Dynamic. It also has a Qualcomm Quick Charge 5.0 power adapter.
The hardware is pretty packed. On the back, there’s a Qualcomm 2nd-Gen 3D Sonic Fingerprint Sensor. The main camera uses a 64-megapixel main shooter. There’s also a 12-megapixel ultra-wide, 8-megapixel telephoto, and will have Qualcomm AI software features like object tracking and auto-zoom.
For some reason, it only runs on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset instead of the newer 888 Plus. On the upside, it has an enormous 16GB LPDDR5 RAM, large and enormous 512GB UFS 3.1 storage, and Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Elite Gaming technology.
You can check the full specs list below.
Qualcomm Smartphone for Snapdragon Insider Specs
- Android 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.78-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- 144Hz refresh rate, 1200-nits peak brightness, HDR10+
- 2.84GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 octa-core processor
- 16GB RAM
- Adreno 660 GPU
- 512GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 24-megapixel front camera
- 64-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF, OIS) + 12-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4, 3x optical zoom, OIS) rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- Stereo speakers, No headphone jack
- Snapdragon Sound Technology
- Rear-mounted Qualcomm 2nd-Gen 3D Sonic Fingerprint Sensor
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, 5G
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- dual-band GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 173.2 x 77.3 x 9.6mm
- Weight: 210g
- Color: Midnight Blue
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, Quick Charge 5.0, 65W charging
The Qualcomm Smartphone for Snapdragon Insiders has a price of USD1,499 (around Php75,100) and will come with the said TWS earbuds, bumper case, Qualcomm Quick Charge 5.0 adapter, and two charging cables.
It will be sold by ASUS and will be available starting August in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, South Korea, and China. It will also arrive in India at a later date.