One of Realme’s most affordable smartphone just got an upgrade with the new Realme 5s.
The Realme 5s now comes with a 48-megapixel Samsung GM1 primary sensor. Although it retains the same 8-megapixel ultra-wide shooter, 2-megapixel macro, and 2-megapixel depth sensor that the standard model have. This is basically the same camera setup found on its bigger brother, the Realme 5 Pro.
Other than the camera, and a fiery new Crystal Red colorway, it’s still the same Realme 5 that we already have.
It’s still powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor, with a big 5,000mAh battery and a large 6.5-inch screen. But this time, the Realme 5s now starts at 4GB of RAM (from 2GB).
The Realme 5s will initially go on sale in India starting November 19 at 12nn on Flipkart and Realme’s own website. It starts at INR9,999 (~Php7,100) for the 4GB/64GB model and INR10,999 (~Php7,900) for the 4GB/128GB. It’s pricing and availability details here in the Philippines shall be announced soon.
Realme 5s Specs
- Android 9 Pie, ColorOS 6
- Dual SIM
- 6.5-inch HD+ IPS display, 1600 x 720 pixel resolution, ~269ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3+, 89% screen-to-body ratio
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 665 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 13-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (Samsung GM1, f/1.8, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.25) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- AI scene detection, Chroma boost, Super nightscape
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, BDS, Galileo, A-GPS
- Dimensions: 164.4 x 75.6 x 9.3mm
- Weight: 198g
- Colors: Crystal Purple, Crystal Blue, Crystal Red
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 10W fast charging