Realme just held a big event in India and released two new smartphones, which includes the new Realme C2.
Launched alongside the highly anticipated Realme 3 Pro, the Realme C2 brings a couple of noticeable improvements over its predecessor. One of them being is the new diamond-section design that’s made from a nanoscale composite material that reflects light like a real diamond stone.
The Realme C2 is powered by a 12nm MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor, with tons of AI capabilities that will aide its camera and facial recognition security features.
Speaking of which, it has the same 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel primary cameras from before, with the Chromo Boost mode that we also saw on the Realme 3. While on the front we have a 5-megapixel shooter for selfies.
Realme also included a 4,000mAh battery on the C2. It’s relatively lower than the 4,230mAh capacity on the C1, but still impressive nonetheless.
Realme C2 Specs
- Android 9.0 Pie, ColorOS 6.0
- Dual SIM
- 6.1-inch HD+ IPS display, 1560 x 720 pixel resolution, ~281ppi
- 89.35% screen-to-body ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio P22 octa-core processor
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- IMG PowerVR GE8320
- 16GB/32GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB
- 5-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear cameras, PDAF, f/2.2, LED flash
- HSPA+, 4G LTE, Dual VoLTE
- WiFI 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS
- Weight: 154.3 x 73.7 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 166g
- Colors: Diamond Black, Diamond Blue
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery
The Realme C2 will be available in India starting May 15. It will retail for INR5,999 (~Php4,500) for the 2GB/16GB model, while the 3GB/32GB variant will be at INR7,999 (~Php5,900).
Its official pricing and availability details in the Philippines are yet to be announced. But considering the Realme C1’s popularity in the country, we shall expect this follow-up to arrive the soonest.