The Realme GT2 Explorer Master edition has been unveiled. Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1, it is the most powerful and feature-packed Realme smartphone to date.
Besides its flagship specs, the Realme GT2 Explorer Master boasts a fancy design made in collaboration by popular fashion designer Jae-Jung.
The design is called Travel Trunk. The device uses vegan leather material on the back and a metallic frame. The device also comes in traditional White and Black colors.
It may not have the looks for it, but gamers would appreciate the pressure-sensitive shoulder triggers that can be useful when gaming.
Speaking of gaming, the new Snapdragon chip is paired with an Adreno 730 GPU to handle games smoothly. It also has a special Realme X7 chip that ensures the screen runs at the right refresh rate and touch sampling.
The screen we’re talking about is quite large at 6.7-inches. It offers vibrant colors thanks to the AMOLED panel and smoothness with up to 120Hz refresh rate.
It then has an impressive 100W GaN charger that can fully charge its 5,000mAh battery in just 25 minutes.
Realme also rigged the GT2 Explorer Master with Android 12-based Realme UI 3.0, NFC, optical under-display fingerprint scanner, NFC, and technology that allows the metallic frame works as the 5G antenna.
The main camera uses a 50-megapixel IMX766 sensor from Sony. Another 50-megapixel sensor has been used for the 150-degree ultra-wide lens. While the third one only has a 2-megapixel model behind a macro lens.
On the front, the 16-megapixel selfie snapper sits in a punch-hole on the top of the display.
The Realme GT 2 Explorer Master has a price of CNY3,499 (around Php29,300), CNY3,799 (around Php31,800), and CNY3,999 (around Php33,500) for the 8GB/128GB, 8GB/256GB, and 12GB/256GB models, respectively. It’s now up for pre-order in China while release details in the Philippines are yet to be known.
Realme GT2 Explorer Master Specs
- Android 12, Realme UI 3.0
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.7-inch FHD+ OLED display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 393ppi
- 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling
- HDR10+, 100% DCI-P3
- 3.19GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Plus Gen 1 octa-core processor
- Dual Vapor Chamber Ice Core Cooling Max
- 8GB/12GB RAM
- Adreno 730 GPU
- 128GB/256GB UFS 3.1 internal storage, non-expandable
- 16-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel (IMX766, f/1.9, OIS, PDAF) + 50-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Super Linear stereo speakers, Dolby Atmos
- Hi-Res certified
- 2x pressure shoulder buttons
- No headphone jack
- Under-display fingerprint scanner
- WiFi 6, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.2
- GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, QZSS, NavIC, BDS
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 161.4 x 74.3 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 195g
- Colors: Brown, Black, White
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 100W GaN fast charging