Xiaomi accidentally revealed the new Redmi 12 after it was briefly posted on its official European website.
The new Redmi 12 will boast a noticeably new and cleaner design with a punch-hole on the 6.79-inch display, which has a high FHD+ resolution and smooth 90Hz refresh rate. Plus, the minimalistic camera layout on the back consists of a 50-megapixel main shooter, an 8-megapixel ultra-wide, and a 2-megapixel sensor.
Under the hood, it is powered by a MediaTek Helio G88 processor with an option between 4GB or 8GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB of storage.
It then has the standard 5,000mAh battery with 18W charging. It also managed to have NFC connectivity for cashless payments.
The Redmi 12 will be available in Portugal in the coming days for a price of EUR209 (~Php12,500). Release details in the Philippines should be announced soon.
Redmi 12 Specs
- Android 12, MIUI 13
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.79-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2400 x 1080 pixel resolution, 387ppi
- 90Hz refresh rate
- 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio G88 octa-core processor
- 4GB/8GB RAM
- Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 128GB/256GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 50-megapixel + 8-megapixel + 2-megapixel rear cameras, LED
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.3
- USB Type-C
- Colors: Black, White, Blue
- 5,000mAh battery, 18W charging