Xiaomi has launched a new budget phone in India dubbed as the Redmi 9 Prime.
Albeit, don’t get too excited as the Redmi 9 Prime appears to be a rebranded model of the Redmi 9 that we already have in the Philippines and other markets.
This device is powered by the same MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor, with 4GB of RAM and an option between 64GB and 128GB of expandable storage.
We still have the 6.53-inch FHD+ screen on the front, a quad-camera setup on the back, and a large 5,020mAh battery on the inside. So to set it apart from the Redmi 9, the Prime model has a new Sunrise Flare color option, joining the existing Matte Black, Mint Green, and Space Blue color options. You can check the specs list below.
See also: Redmi 9 vs Realme 6i: Specs Comparison
The Redmi 9 Prime will be available in India starting August 6 for a starting price of INR9,999 (around Php6,500) for the 4GB/64GB model, while the 4GB/128GB variant will be at INR11,999 (around Php7,900). Alternatively, those of us here in the Philippines can check out the Redmi 9, which is available for a starting price of Php6,990.
Redmi 9 Prime Specs
- Android 10, MIUI 11
- Dual SIM, Dual standby
- 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~394ppi
- 2GHz MediaTek Helio G80 octa-core processor
- Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- 64GB/128GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 13-megapixel (f/2.2) + 8-megapixel (ultra-wide, f/2.2) + 5-megapixel (macro, f/2.4, 4cm) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Headphone jack
- 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- IR blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 163.22 x 77.01 x 9.1mm
- Weight: 198g
- Colors: Matte Black, Mint Green, Space Blue, Sunrise Flare
- 5,020mAh non-removable battery, 10W fast charger