Xiaomi just released the Redmi Note 9 Power, and if it looks familiar, that’s because it’s only a rebranded model of a previous Redmi device.
The Redmi Note 9 Power is pretty much the same as the Redmi Note 9 4G that came out in China last month. The only difference here is the addition of the 2-megapixel macro camera and RAM/storage options. Other than that, everything is the same.
This thing is still powered by the new Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core processor but only comes with 4GB of RAM and an option between 64GB UFS 2.1 and a larger and faster 128GB UFS 2.2 storage.
On the front, there’s the 6.53-inch FHD+ display, with a water-drop notch for the selfie camera. It even comes with stereo speakers for the best possible entertainment experience.
While on the back, you can spot the large Redmi logo, a familiar anti-fingerprint design, and the quad-cameras led by the new 2-megapixel macro camera, 48-megapixel main, and 8-megapixel depth sensor.
True to its name, the Note 9 Power comes with an enormous 6,000mAh battery with 18W fast charging. Honestly, this should have been the name of the Note 9 4G in the first place.
The Redmi Note 9 Power has a starting price of INR10,999 (around Php7,200) for the 4GB/64GB model, while the 4GB/128GB costs INR1,000 more at INR11,999 (around Php7,800). It will be available in India starting December 22. We’re also expecting to see it here in the Philippines in the near future.
Redmi Note 9 Power Specs
- Android 10, MIUI 12
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.53-inch FHD+ IPS display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, 395ppi
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 2.0GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB/8GB RAM
- Adreno 610 GPU
- 64GB (UFS 2.1) / 128GB (UFS 2.2) internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/1.8, PDAF) + 8-megapixel (f/2.2, ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (depth-sensor) + 2-megapixel (macro) rear cameras, LED flash
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- Stereo speakers
- Headphone jack
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS, A-GPS, BDS, GLONASS
- IR Blaster
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.3 x 77.3 x 9.6mm
- Weight: 198g
- Colors: Blazing Blue, Electric Green, Fiery Red, Mighty Black
- Water-repellent coating
- 6,000mAh non-removable battery, 18W fast charging, 22.5W charger included