Samsung has introduced two new entry-level smartphones. One of them is the Samsung Galaxy A12.
The Samsung Galaxy A12 features a design that’s new to Galaxy devices. It has a two-part design on the back, with the top section featuring a textured panel. We also have the quad-camera set up on a 2×2 layout at the top left of the panel.
Just like most Samsung releases, the company didn’t specify the chipset they used. Albeit, they did say that it’s an octa-core processor clocked at 2.3GHz and 1.8GHz, which leads us to believe that it’s a MediaTek Helio P35 processor.
Keeping the lights on is a generous 5,000mAh battery, larger than what its predecessor had. While on the front, we have a generous 6.5-inch HD screen, with an Infinity-V notch for the selfie camera.
Launched alongside the Galaxy A02s, the Samsung Galaxy A12 has a starting price of EUR179 (around php10,300). It will be available in select markets starting January next year.
Samsung Galaxy A12 Specs
- Android 10, Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM, dual standby
- 6.5-inch TFT HD+ display, 1560 x 720 pixel resolution, 264ppi
- 2.3GHz octa-core processor
- 3GB/4GB/6GB RAM
- 32GB/64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD
- 8-megapixel front camera
- 48-megapixel (f/2.0) + 5-megapixel (ultra-wide) + 2-megapixel (macro) + 2-megapixel (depth sensor) rear cameras
- Side-mounted fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 164 x 75.8 x 8.9mm
- Weight: 205g
- Colors: Blue, Black, White
- 5,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W fast charging