Samsung is introducing a refreshed version of its most popular midrange device with the new Samsung Galaxy A50s.
The Samsung Galaxy A50s now sports a 48-megapixel primary camera,up from the 25-megapixels on the older model. The 8-megapixel ultra-wide-angle snapper and 5-megapixel depth sensor were kept.
Samsung also upgraded the 25-megapixel selfie camera to a 32-megapixel sensor.
The Galaxy A50s, together with the also new Galaxy A30s, now features a new geometric design on the back, which greatly improved the devices’ looks. We shall expect to see this new aesthetic to come in more Galaxy A devices in the future.
But other than those improvements, it’s still the same Galaxy A50 that we liked in our full review. It runs on a reliable Exynos 9611 processor, has a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display, and an in-display fingerprint scanner.
The pricing and availability for the Samsung Galaxy A50s is yet to be announced so stay tuned for more details.
Samsung Galaxy A50s Specs
- Android 9 Pie, Samsung One UI
- Dual SIM
- 6.4-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2340 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~403ppi
- 2.3GHz Exynos 9611 octa-core processor
- 4GB/6GB RAM
- Mali-G72 MP3 GPU
- 64GB/128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 32-megapixel front camera, f/1.7
- 48-megapixel + 5-megapixel + 8-megapixel triple rear cameras, PDAF, f/1.7, LED flash
- In-display fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- 960fps video recording, Night Mode
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 803.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- FM Radio
- GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 74.5 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 169g
- Colors: Prism Crush White, Prism Crush Black, Prism Crush Violet, Prism Crush Green
- 4,000mAh non-removable battery, 15W charger