The Galaxy A7 2018 is the first smartphone from Samsung to have three rear cameras. But apparently, the company is not stopping there as we now have the Samsung Galaxy A9 2018.
As if having a triple-camera setup is not enough, the Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 boasts four cameras on the back. It looks like Samsung can’t decide whether they want to put an extra camera with an ultra-wide lens, a telephoto lens, or a depth sensor, so just they put everything in there.
The absurdity starts with the normal 24-megapixel primary camera. Then, right below it is a 10-megapixel sensor with a telephoto lens that offers 2x optical zoom. There’s also the 8-megapixel glass. And finally, a 5-megapixel depth-sensing camera for the Portrait Mode feature.
Samsung didn’t disclose the processor they used for the Samsung Galaxy A9 2018. However, we do suspect that it’s the same Exynos 7885 chipset that we found on the Galaxy A7 2018.
For the device’s screen, Samsung is going with their 6.3-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED panel. Thankfully, Samsung still hasn’t caved in and put a notch on their smartphones.
The Galaxy A9 2018 comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of expandable storage. Supplying power to this device is a 3,800mAh battery with fast charging capability.
Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo
- Dual SIM
- 6.3-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen, 2220 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~391ppi
- 2.2GHz octa-core processor
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 24-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 24-megapixel (f/1.7) + 10-megapixel (f/2.4, 2x optical zoom) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4, 120° wide-angle) + 5-megapixel (f/2.2) quad rear cameras, LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner, Face unlock
- HSPA+, 4G LTE
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, MIMO
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, Galileo, GLONASS, BeiDou
- USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 162.5 x 77 x 7.8mm
- Weight: 183g
- Colors: Lemonade Blue, Caviar Black, Bubblegum Pink
- 3,800mAh non-removable battery, fast-charging
The Samsung Galaxy A9 2018 will arrive in the Philippines on December 1 with a price of Php32,990.
Samsung surely cannot make up its mind whether to put 2 cameras or four. ;) However, I guess consumers won’t mind it. They are getting a high quality phone. The configuration looks good. Though I don’t prefer bigger phones.
Thanks for sharing this post. have a great weekend. :)