Samsung isn’t coming up with interesting midrange devices in the Philippines lately. Their releases are either too underpowered for the price or too feature-packed to be affordable.
However, that’s about to change as they announce the official pricing and availability of the new Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 here in the country.
Announced back in September, the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 is the first smartphone from Sammy to come with triple cameras on the back. The setup consists of a primary 24-megapixel camera, an 8-megapixel sensor with a wide-angle lens, and a depth-sensing 5-megapixel sensor for the Bokeh effect feature.
The Galaxy A7 2018 will also feature Samsung’s 6-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED screen and Exynos 7885 octa-core processor. Using some in-house components is probably one of the reasons why this device has an appealing price.
Speaking of which, the Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 will arrive in the Philippines on October 27 for a price of only Php17,990. Finally, Samsung has a proper device to go head-to-head against some of the hard-hitters in the midrange segment today, like the OPPO F9 and the Vivo V11.
Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Specs
- Android 8.0 Oreo, Samsung Experience UI
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby
- 6-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED display, 2220 x 1080 pixel resolution, ~411ppi
- 2.2GHz Samsung Exynos 7885 octa-core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable via microSD up to 512GB
- 24-megapixel front camera, f/2.0
- 24-megapixel (f/1.7) + 8-megapixel (f/2.4, 120° wide-angle) + 5-megapixel (Depth sensor) triple rear cameras, LED flash
- Side fingerprint scanner
- 4G LTE Cat.6
- WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band
- Bluetooth 5.0
- GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou
- NFC (select markets)
- microUSB 2.0
- Dimensions: 159.8 x 76.8 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 168g
- Colors: Black, Blue, Gold, Pink
- 3,300mAh battery